NEW TICKETING SYSTEM FOR KANOPY
Kanopy is making some important changes to their play credit system on November 1, 2023.
What is changing?
- Instead of play credits,( 1 credit per play) users will have a monthly ticket allotment.
- Every title will be labeled with the number of tickets required for viewing.
- Some titles require only 1 ticket, some as many as 5 tickets.
- Every title will indicate the viewing window (days allowed to watch the title).
- Boulder patrons will now have 15 tickets per month.
Why is Kanopy changing this system?
- Better represents your library’s cost and the value of the Kanopy content.
- Easier to know how many tickets you have.
- Clearer information on viewing period.
How are content types ticketed?
- Regular PPU (Play Per Use): 2 tickets
- Films from Major Studio:4 tickets
- Shorts (running time of 30 min or less): 1 ticket
- Bingeable episodic content (including The Great Courses): Pricing, tickets, and viewing period variable based on total running time.
- Standard Episodic Pricing (Please note that future pricing is subject to change)
Getting Started with Kanopy
• Call 303-441-3100
Getting Started with hoopla
Documentaries, Movies, Great Courses & Indie Films
• Streaming; Create Playlists
• Movies, Documentaries, & TV Shows