Tax Preparation Sevices
New Service: Boulder Public Library is partnering with Tax Help Colorado, Emergency Family Assistance Association (EFAA), and Community Resource Center (CRC) to provide FREE, high-quality tax preparation to households that earned less than $58,000 in 2021.
Boulder and Longmont Volunteer Income Tax Assistance, VITA, and Tax Counseling for the Elderly/AARP, TCE/AARP are closed for 2022. Other area VITA and TCE/AARP programs are operating with social distancing and reduced staffing. Visit Colorado VITA for more information and resources.
Available Preparation Service Locations
Main Boulder Public Library
Tax Help Colorado
- Boulder Creek Meeting Room and The Eldorado Room, 1001 Arapahoe Ave, Boulder (map)
- March 15 - April 16, 2022
- Tuesdays from 3 – 6:30 p.m.
- Saturdays from 10:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Spanish assistance: Tuesday, March 29, Tuesday, April 5, and Saturday, April 9
- Appointments recommended - TaxHelpCO appointment page
- How to prepare for your appointment.
- Program Flyer
Children & Youth Family Center
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide Program
All Appointments Full
- 2160 Spruce St, Boulder (map)
- February 3 - April 7, 2022
- Thursdays 9:00 a.m. - Noon, and 1:00 p.m. - 2:20 p.m.
- Appointment Required: call (720) 327- 3363 or book online
- To minimize contact two brief appointments will be scheduled one week apart and permission will be needed for Tax-Aide Volunteers to retain tax documents between the two appointments. In addition, some communication about tax returns may need to be done by phone or email.
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Sponsored by AARP
Longmont Senior Center
Louisville Recreation and Senior Center
Lafayette Public Library
- 775 W. Baseline Rd., Lafayette (map)
- Drop Off Service - (at north meeting room door)
- February 13 – April 14, 2022
- Wednesdays - 10:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Saturdays - 10:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Appointment required: call (303) 665-5200 opt 5 or book online at Colorado Tax-Aide
- 2 appointments required
- Languages: English
- Sponsored by AARP
Erie High Plains Library
Broomfield Senior Center
Front Range Community College
- 3645 West 112th Ave, Room B 1701, Westminster (map)
- Use entrance 7, east side of bldg.
- February 5 - April 9, 2022. Closed for Spring Break March 19 and March 26
- Saturdays 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Appointment Required
- Front Range Community College appointments: (303) 404-5490
- Languages: English and Spanish
VITA and TCE
Volunteers in the VITA, Volunteer Income Tax Assistance, and TCE, Tax Counseling for the Elderly/AARP programs provide free tax preparation for people with basic tax returns, particularly those with low and limited income, individuals with disabilities, and non-English-speaking and elderly taxpayers.
Volunteers WILL Prepare
- Form 982 (limited)
- Form 1040 (1040A and 1040EZ no longer used)
- Schedules A, B, D, C-EZ, EIC, R, SE
- Schedule C (limited)
- Schedule E (limited)
- Form 1040-V
- Form 1040-ES
- Form 2441 (Child and Dependent Care Credit)
- Form 5329 (Part 1)
- Form 5405
- Form 5695 (Part 1 only)
- Form 8863 (education credits)
- Form 8880 (credit for qualified retirement savings contributions
- Form 8812 (additional child tax credit)
- Form 8888 (allocation of refund)
- Form 8889 (health savings accounts; limited)
- Form 8917
- Form 1040-X (limited)
Volunteers WILL NOT Prepare
- Schedule C with losses
- Complicated & Advanced Schedule D
- Form SS-5 (request of SSN)
- Form 8606 (non-deductible IRA)
- Form 8615 (minor's investment income)
- Form SS-8 (determination of worker status for purposes of federal employment taxes and income tax withholding)