Research Rendezvous: Open House for NHD Students
When: Thursday, Nov. 29 between 3:30 - 7:30
Where: Main Library 1001 Arapahoe Ave
Attend a research power session (registration required)
Attend a presentation (registration not required).
What is a power session? Get one-to-one personalized help from regional historians and librarians, CU history faculty and grad students, mentors and community experts:
- Locate primary & secondary sources from Colorado libraries and digital archives on the web and in library research databases.
- Learn about community organizations that can help you enhance your project.
Librarians will be available to help you throughout the event if you are unable to register for Power Sessions.
Attend a Mini-Presentation:
These are 30-minute sessions presented by experts that focus on techniques, best practices or research methods for your chosen project category.
No registration required--open to all.
- : 4:00-4:30 p.m., Canyon Theater; led by Kayla Gabehart, Assistant Director, NHD Colorado
- Documentary Tips & Production: 4:30-5:00 p.m., Flatirons Room; led by Erin Espelie, CU Film Studies Prof., Documentarian
- Tips and Tricks for Discovering Colorado Primary Sources through the Digital Public Library of America and the Colorado Historic Newspapers Collection: 5:15-5:45 p.m., Flatirons Room; led by Leigh Jeremias, Digital Collections Coordinator, Colorado State Library
- Winning Exhibits! 6:00-6:30 p.m., Flatirons Room; Emily Zinn, Museum of Boulder
Win a prize!
- Register online or at the table for a chance to win gift cards to local theaters and cafes.
- All students receive a DU flash drive for Power Sessions